Week 4 was spent entirely on eradicating that UFO pile of sewing projects. Waistband elastic seems to be my arch nemesis because what was left in that pile was half-finished leggings and undies just waiting for some sort of waistband solution to happen.
I finished three pairs of leggings: one in stretch denim, one in denim-look jersey, and one in single jersey. Next was four pairs of undies. They’re all based on the same hipster pattern but I used different techniques, like fold-over-elastic, boxer elastic, and Framilon.
What I didn’t finish – or in fact work on at all – was the pintuck dress from Ottobre. But I ordered an invisible zipper presser foot and a rolled hem presser foot so, a step in the right direction. I still aim to get that dress sewn this summer.
My UFO pile went from this…
to this! Just two things: pattern pieces cut out for one tunic and another pair of leggings.
All in all, a pretty successful Me Made May!